PHOENIX – In Arizona, it’s all about fun in November – especially outdoors! The ABC15 team gives you an insider’s look at some of the best events the Valley has to offer this month and the newest businesses gearing up to open!
Watch ABC15’s monthly specials on Fridays at 8 p.m Popular transmission tools, abc15.comAnd ABC15 mobile app!
See some of them Things to do Seen in the special below-
Dino GIT down
If you’re a horsepower novice, you’ll want to head to Glendale for the Dino Get Down! Over 5,000 cars and trucks will be on display and the best part is it’s all free!
- Where: State Farm Stadium [1 Cardinals Dr] in Glendale
- The event will take place on November 10th and 11th!
Shaq’s ‘Big Cock’
Fast-casual restaurant Big Chicken, founded by Shaquille O’Neal, is now headed to the Footprint Center, according to Steve Christensen, one of the Arizona franchise owners.
When does it open? Well, one of the Arizona franchise owners shared with ABC15: “I know something will be announced here in the next few weeks. That’s all I can say right now,” Christensen said.
- Click here to read more about the Arizona Expansion Collection.
MACKENZIE MIDTOWN TAVERN
McKenzie’s Midtown Tavern has big plans for the popular Phoenix location. The owner shared with ABC15 that a large patio, additional parking on the property and even a pick-up ball field are being built for the local business.
- Click here to see more renderings, a timeline of the expansion project and more happening at the pub.
As we head into the busy holiday travel season, there are some dos and don’ts when it comes to your carry-on.
Knives, snow globes, and meat tenders all have one thing in common… they are prohibited from carry-on luggage on airplanes. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is getting the message out ahead of the busy holiday season.
Patricia Mancha with TSA showed ABC15 dozens of different items, from alcohol, sunscreen and non-perishable foods to lava lamps and snow globes. All of these items were found in carry-on luggage from various travelers at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- If it’s sharp and pointy, it can be blocked. Click here to read the full story on things you should know before you travel.
Additional materials for making stories:
- Where: Butterfly Wonderland [9500 E. Via de Ventura] in Scottsdale
- The event runs from November 24 – January 7, 2024.
- Where: Phoenix Zoo [455 N Galvin Pkwy]
- The event runs from November 22 to January 14, 2024.
- Where: Salt River Fields at Talking Stick [7555 N Pima Rd]
- The event runs from November 24 – December 31, 2023.
- Where: Glendale Civic Center [5750 W Glenn Dr] and nearby roads. The lights will be on from November 24 – January 1, 2023
- Celebrate 30 years of Glendale Glitters on November 24th and 25th. Every evening from 5 pm -10 pm.
MESA AZ Sanctuary Christmas Lights
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Mesa Temple Christmas Light Display will light up the East Valley this month.
- The Christmas lights are on from November 24th to December 31st.
- The lights are on at night from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Mesa Temple Address: 101 S Lesueur
In addition to what’s new in the Valley this month, meet people who are making an impact in our community.
- Valley Chef Says Sustainable Kitchen to Help the Planet: “Sustainability is what we do for us,” says Jason Dwight, owner of Perception. Dwight is passionate about cooking, but his top priority in the kitchen is sustainability. “We source whole animals from organic pastures, bring in a whole animal and cut it on the menu,” Dwight said. Everything in the house is used in his recipes. Click here to read more about this story.
- 81-year-old Gilbert Parks and Volunteer of the Year: Teona Vivial has won the hearts of visitors and locals alike by sharing the unique world of birds for nearly two decades. “It’s a way to get out, take a walk, get some fresh air and use your brain,” Vivial said. Twice a month she leads bird watching tours for the City of Gilbert at the Riparian Preserve and Veterans Memorial Park. Longtime volunteers pointed out the unique species that call our area year-round. Learn more about Vivial here.
If you’re looking for more holiday events, business events and family-friendly entertainment, check out ABC15.com/ThingsToDo.